Re: exercising current aarch64 kprobe support with systemtap

On 08/18/2016 11:06 AM, David Smith wrote:
> OK, here's the status of the [nd_]syscall test failures. There were 2
> failures caused by a test case being too specific when looking for
> syscall return value. There were fixed by commit 9c004b0:
>
> FAIL: 64-bit getgroups syscall
> FAIL: 64-bit setgroups syscall
>
> There are 4 failures caused by the atomic region kprobes registration bug:
>
> FAIL: 64-bit sched syscall
> FAIL: 64-bit sched_setaffinity syscall
> FAIL: 64-bit sched_setscheduler syscall
> FAIL: 64-bit set_tid_address syscall
>
> I verified all these failures by trying to use perf to put a probe on
> the same functions:
>
> ====
> # perf probe --add=sys_set_tid_address
> Failed to write event: Invalid argument
>   Error: Failed to add events.
> ====
>
> I'm not seeing any issue with fork in the testsuite results, but perhaps
> I've missed something. What error are you referring to?

Sorry,  I should have mentioned where I saw it.  The fork issues weren't in the syscall tests.  It was for procmod_wather.stp.  Below is the part of systemtap.log that shows the problem:

meta taglines 'test_check: stap -p4 procmod_watcher.stp' tag 'test_check' value 'stap -p4 procmod_watcher.stp'
attempting command stap -p4 procmod_watcher.stp
OUT semantic error: while resolving probe point: identifier 'nd_syscall' at procmod_watcher.stp:47:7
        source: probe nd_syscall.fork.return {
                      ^

semantic error: no match

Pass 2: analysis failed.  [man error::pass2]
child process exited abnormally
RC 1
FAIL: systemtap.examples/process/procmod_watcher build
meta taglines 'test_installcheck: stap procmod_watcher.stp -T 1' tag 'test_installcheck' value 'stap procmod_watcher.stp -T 1'
UNTESTED: systemtap.examples/process/procmod_watcher run

-Will