Re: Prelinking on ARM with Debug Link

Am 18.02.2016 um 17:21 schrieb Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com>:

> On Tue, 2016-02-16 at 21:46 +0100, Torsten Polle wrote:
>> The target architecture is 32bit ARM. The host architecture is 64bit
>> X86. Thatâs the reason why field .sec_load_offset is initialised with
>> a 64bit wide hexadecimal number. But as the field .sec_load_offset is
>> defined only as âunsigned longâ, the compiler complains. As a work
>> around I tried to output decimal number instead for the initialisation
>> of .sec_load_offset. I can compile alright. But the resulting
>> backtrace calculations shown in my previous example produce strange
>> results.
>
> OK, I don't have such a setup, but maybe all that is needed, if we
> assume negative values are ok, is to not write sec_load_offset out in
> hex, but simply in dec. Could you try the attached patch?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

the principle idea of your patch works. But I had to rewrite it to really work in my environment. Could you please have a look at my proposal? Would something like that be acceptable?

I would like to double check in my environment if we could fall back to the hex notation again.

Thanks,
Torsten