Re: Prelinking on ARM with Debug Link

On 11/27/2015 02:01 PM, Torsten Polle wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>> Mark Wielaard writes:
>>  >> WARNING: tapset "/opt/tooling/adit/systemtap/share/systemtap/tapset/linux/arm/syscalls.stp" has errors, and will be skipped
>>
>>  > You might want to look into why that is.
>>
>> Yes, I know. I had re-added support of a system call (execve), which
>> does not work since some time in SystemTap. But since the support
>> depends on the kernel version, I get a warning about an empty file when
>> the kernel version is greater than 3.7.

In kernel versions less than 3.7, the execve syscall was in
arch-specific code. So, each arch has their own implementation of
[nd_]syscall.execve in tapsets/linux/ARCH/[nd_]syscalls.stp.

In kernel versions >= 3.7, the execve syscall was moved to generic
kernel code, and support for it is located in
tapset/linux/[nd_]syscalls.stp.

I don't believe we've ever supported an arm/arm64 kernel less than 3.7,
so there isn't arch-specific execve support for arm/arm64. But, if you
have got working execve support for arm/arm64 kernels less than 3.7, I
don't see a real problem with checking it in (assuming it looks reasonable).

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com