Linux I/O tracing

Hello,

Following up on Frank's comment to the blog post http://db-blog.web.cern.ch/blog/luca-canali/2015-07-diagnose-high-latency-io-operations-using-systemtap I just write this to say that I'll certainly be happy if you find  (some of) the scripts mentioned there useful and of interest for the sample library, here is the link with the scripts: https://github.com/LucaCanali/Linux_tracing_scripts/tree/master/SystemTap_Linux_IO
However there are a few limitations worth noting: most of the scripts have been tested to run OK on RHEL up to release 7.1, but will break with more recent kernels (I am not sure where the exact 'breaking point' is but I believe there are recent changes to the kernel trace probes and to "struct bio" that will break the probes I wrote using  kernel.trace("block_rq_issue") and kernel.trace("block_rq_complete")) .

Best regards,
Luca