This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug tapsets/18597] long_arg() doesn't correctly handle negative values in 32-on-64 environment
- From: "dsmith at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 12:13:43 +0000
- Subject: [Bug tapsets/18597] long_arg() doesn't correctly handle negative values in 32-on-64 environment
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-18597-6586 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #3 from David Smith <dsmith at redhat dot com> ---
(In reply to Martin Cermak from comment #2)
> > Lines 18-23 are just removal of redundant code that, based on my testing, appears to never be used ... stuff deleted ...
> Actually, I am not sure about user scripts. If there is a risk this might
> break them, then lines 18-26 (and respective snippets for powerpc and s390)
> can stay in place. It is not directly related to the reported issue. Maybe I
> shouldn't have mixed these two independent things here.
Hmm. If through your testing you don't see any regressions here, I'd say go
ahead and delete that code. Be sure to test RHEL, f21, f22, and rawhide on
the affected arch.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.