This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug uprobes/12275] uretprobes break exception handling
- From: "jistone at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 20:30:39 +0000
- Subject: [Bug uprobes/12275] uretprobes break exception handling
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-12275-6586 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #16 from Josh Stone <jistone at redhat dot com> ---
I just realized the obvious fact that this is really breaking *all* unwinding,
not just exceptions. So print_ubacktrace() will end at the uretprobe
trampoline, and _caller_match() used by .callee probes will be disrupted too.
Perhaps those cases could poke around in kernel memory to find the true return
address. The old utrace-based uprobes.ko had uprobe_get_pc(), and
runtime/stack.c conditionally uses this, but I think even that only worked for
the first unwind level.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.