This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: last_100_frees.stp on aarch64 is crashing while doing sprint_ubacktrace()
- From: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- To: William Cohen <wcohen at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>, systemtap at sourceware dot org, Pratyush Anand <panand at redhat dot com>, Dave Long <dave dot long at linaro dot org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 17:06:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: last_100_frees.stp on aarch64 is crashing while doing sprint_ubacktrace()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55843208 dot 6030003 at redhat dot com> <y0mlhfflkl9 dot fsf at fche dot csb> <55848316 dot 4070109 at redhat dot com> <1434963644 dot 3016 dot 371 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <55881358 dot 5010803 at redhat dot com> <1434982534 dot 3016 dot 383 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <55882006 dot 90208 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 10:47 -0400, William Cohen wrote:
> I have built the systemtap code with the patch below and exercising with:
> while [ 1 ]; do /root/systemtap_write/install/bin/stap
> systemtap.examples/memory/last_100_frees.stp -B CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y -c
> "/root/systemtap_write/install/bin/stap -V"
> -d /root/systemtap_write/install/bin/stap --ldd;done
Thanks for testing. I also tested locally (on x86_64) that exelib.exp,
which uses the unwinder extensively, works as expected. Patch committed
Author: Mark Wielaard <email@example.com>
Date: Mon Jun 22 16:57:59 2015 +0200
runtime/unwind.c: Also sanity check DWARF regno for DW_CFA_restore[_extended].
When processCFI wanted to restore a register state to its initial value it
wasn't checking whether the register was actually interesting (or existing).
DWARF_REG_MAP might return a marker (9999) that we don't know or don't care
about this register. This was checked in all the set_*_rule functions, but
not in the case we reset the rule of the register. Add this check also for