This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
[Bug translator/18075] Add a return-probe variant of .callee
- From: "jistone at redhat dot com" <sourceware-bugzilla at sourceware dot org>
- To: systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 22:40:57 +0000
- Subject: [Bug translator/18075] Add a return-probe variant of .callee
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
- References: <bug-18075-6586 at http dot sourceware dot org/bugzilla/>
--- Comment #3 from Josh Stone <jistone at redhat dot com> ---
Why are you matching main though? That's the second-level caller; version() is
actually called by parse_cmdline(), as seen in the first step of your
backtrace. That's what I meant by the registers of a return probe already
reflecting the caller's frame.
So process.function("parse_cmdline").callee("version").return would be
translated to process.function("version").return, as you wrote, but with a
_caller_match(1,0,...) in this case.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.