Re: Prelinking on ARM

On Tue, 2015-06-02 at 22:29 +0200, Torsten Polle wrote:
> Am 02.06.2015 um 20:28 schrieb Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com>:
> > On Mon, 2015-06-01 at 22:43 +0200, Torsten Polle wrote:
> >> I've a problem with prelinked shared and non-prelinked debug information
> >> for the same on ARM. The relative offset to the .text section differs
> >> for the prelinked shared library and the non-prelinked debug
> >> information. SystemTap only compensates for the difference in the start
> >> addresses. I tried to debug the problem, but I've to admit that the
> >> problem is well over my head. Could someone give me a hint on this
> >> matter?
> >
> > Does the testsuite/systemtap.exelib/exelib.exp test work for you?
>
> I've to check. I'm using a cross compile environment, i.e. I only run
> passes 1 - 4 on my host (X86) and execute staprun on my target
> (ARM). I could provide a small shared library as an example instead.

I must admit to not have much experience with the
cross-compiling/cross-stapping mechanism. If you could provide a small
shared library (plus separate debuginfo file?) and the stap invocation
that doesn't work correctly that would be helpful for understanding what
goes wrong.

BTW. Which versions of systemtap and elfutils does stap -V give you?

$ stap -V
Systemtap translator/driver (version 2.7/0.161, rpm 2.7-1.fc22)
                    the stap version -^   ^- the elfutils version

Thanks,

Mark