This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: [PATCH v3 1/2] systemtap/tapsets.cxx: Adjusted for multiple static functions
- From: Hemant Kumar <hemant at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Josh Stone <jistone at redhat dot com>, Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: systemtap at sourceware dot org, naveen dot n dot rao at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com, ulrich dot weigand at de dot ibm dot com, uweigand at gcc dot gnu dot org, anton at samba dot org, fche at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 21:49:56 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/2] systemtap/tapsets.cxx: Adjusted for multiple static functions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1427463736-4258-1-git-send-email-hemant at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <1428500598 dot 5539 dot 88 dot camel at bordewijk dot wildebeest dot org> <55255316 dot 8040805 at redhat dot com>
On 04/08/2015 09:41 PM, Josh Stone wrote:
On 04/08/2015 06:43 AM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
The patch does look OK to me. But my C++ container knowledge is a little
shaky. So some questions. First there is still a comment in the code
// TODO: Use a multimap in case there are multiple static
// functions with the same name?
But map_by_addr is already a multimap as introduced in commit 1c6b77
PR10327: resolve symbol aliases to dwarf functions by Josh. Which seems
to solve a somewhat similar issue in the case we do have DWARF
information. Josh, do you remember why that comment was kept?
Since it's talking about "same name", I believe that comment is actually
referring to the line *before* it, which sets map_by_name.
Right, will remove the above TODO in the next version.