Re: Excessive memory usage by associative arrays

Hello.

> Especially declare "global foo[SIZE]" if you know a static size limit for a particular array.
Thanks for that note, I reduced per-map size, that works for me, now
script consumes only ~150 Mbytes.
For the case, here it is: https://gist.github.com/myaut/d31f6a2a6f2472c860b3

> How many CPUs does your machine actually have?
My VM has only 2 vCPUs. Entire machine has only 24 hardware threads.
I've noticed that dyninst runtime actually uses number of online CPUs
(_stp_runtime_num_contexts)

Also, I find situation when OOM need to interfere when SystemTap is
working is frightening.
STP_MEMORY is not defined by default, and after I do it, stap fails
with nicer error message:
ERROR: global variable 'a' allocation failed

BR, Sergey.