Re: [SYSTEMTAP/PATCH v2 0/6] RT aware systemtap patch set

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 8:10 PM, Frank Ch. Eigler <fche@redhat.com> wrote:
> Santosh Shukla <sshukla@mvista.com> writes:
>
>> [...]  This is a v2 version of -rt aware systemtap patchset, tested
>> for 3.14.12-rt9 and for 3.10.40-rt38 kernel version. [...]
>
> Thanks!
>
>> [...]
>> Test script used for testing :
>> /usr/local/stap/bin/stap -v testsuite/systemtap.examples/network/netdev.stp
>> /usr/local/stap/bin/stap -v testsuite/systemtap.examples/network/tcpdumplike.stp
>> [...]
>> Like know feedback, comment on patch set. also Does it make sense to maintain
>> systemtap -rt version in upstream.. do we care?
>
> Thanks to Josh for looking into this in more detail.  I only have the
> general observation that this patchset would be desirable in mainline
> stap, but only if it is tested by at least the whole testsuite (rather
> than just those two samples) on your -rt kernel, *and* if the patched
> code also runs the whole testsuite on a non-rt kernel.  (We don't
> expect 100% PASS, but also no smoke attributable to the patches.)

Agree, Could you point me testsuite to trigger and test.. I looked
perhaps not so much keenly.. so it would be good to know right
pointers about testing details .. I can run test and present the
report. let me know. Also Any performance specific testsuite too? I
did asked for in v1 patchset.
Thanks.