Re: [Fwd: Re: Regarding systemtap support for AArch64]

On 7 November 2013 17:24, Sandeepa Prabhu <sandeepa.prabhu@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 6 November 2013 15:24, Petr Machata <pmachata@redhat.com> wrote:
>> William Cohen <wcohen@redhat.com> writes:

>>> These examples systemtap might not be the best.  It is just printing
>>> information for the first vfs.read or vfs.read.return encountered, so
>>
>> I understand.  I was trying to figue out what's in the registers.  I can
>> agree that x0 to x4 hold vfs_read arguments on entry, so why doesn't, on
>> function return, x0 hold the return value?
>>
>>> I wonder if there might be some issue with the patches implementing
>>> the arm64 kprobes support and that the registers are not be saved
>>> properly.
>>
>> I was wondering about the same thing.
> Hi Will, Petr,
>
> Yes, I found some design issue with respect to trampoline placement,
> (my code is the culprit!!). I am going to fix this soon and update you
> all.

Hi Will, Petr,

I have fixed the issue and now able to get proper function return
values. (Earlier, trampoline was not installed at correct location, so
used to carry wrong register context to handler)
Updated patches are at:
https://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/sandeepa.prabhu/linux-aarch64.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/arm64-kprobes-devel

Please switch to my devel branch:
"git://git.linaro.org/people/sandeepa.prabhu/linux-aarch64.git
Branch: arm64-kprobes-devel"     and let me know how this work.

~Sandeepa