Re: Systemtap's DTRACE_PROBE and clang

martin wrote:

> [...]
> How onerous is it to change the code here? [...]
> Workaround for now, it does work if you change it to:
>   .pushsection .note.stapsdt,"?",@note

I don't recall any deep discusson on that topic.  It could be
just to immunize it from being misinterpreted as a comment
(see the @-comment-on-arm line on the same AS doc page).  The
binutils change that allows "note" as @note appears to be

Author: Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com>
Date:   Sat Jun 5 23:15:34 1999 +0000

so has been available for quite a few years.  If the LLVM folks aren't
willing to support it, I guess we could take some sort of ugly
conditional into sys/sdt.h.