RE: Pointing systemtap to an out of tree kernel module

Elie,

Please tell us if you make it work.
I am cross-compiling for a ARM platform with systemtap v1.8/elfutils v0.148 and this does not works so I put kernel module in my kernel folder. With interesting behaviour when I set SYSTEMTAP_DEBUGINFO_PATH to another path:
- kernel module including debug symbols can still be probed if in kernel folder
- kernel module with separate debug package can no longer be probed if in kernel folder

I suspect elfutils lib to be too old.

Regards
fred

OMAP Platform Business Unit - System Platform Engineering - Platform & Product Entitlement

Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve Loubet. 036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 753.920