Re: Initial stap support for inode-based uprobes

I just got through running the systemtap testsuite on 2 different
configurations:

1) stock f16 kernel and HEAD systemtap

# of expected passes		3096
# of unexpected failures	63
# of unexpected successes	8
# of expected failures		259
# of untested testcases		61
# of unsupported tests		4

2) f16 kernel with the new inode-based uprobes built-in and systemtap
with a merged dsmith/task_finder2 and jistone/inode-uprobes branches

# of expected passes		2638
# of unexpected failures	329
# of unexpected successes	9
# of expected failures		251
# of untested testcases		70
# of unsupported tests		4

That isn't too bad for a first stab.  Here's the link to the diff in
dejazilla:

<http://web.elastic.org/~dejazilla/viewrgdiff.php?rg1=402882&rg2=891228&_offset=0&_limit=40&_offset=0&testcase=&r1=&r2=>

I haven't had time to do a full analysis of the results, but the
problems Josh listed in his original email (included below) are still there.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com