Re: Using abrt to automatically download and install debuginfo

On 08/09/2011 01:32 PM, Chris Meek wrote:
> I am working on the command line option for this feature and I would be
> grateful for
> your input. I will sketch out what I am thinking, and if you have any
> thoughts on how it
> could be better, please let me know.
>
> So by default the feature will be enabled, with a timeout of 30 seconds,
> and it will pass '-y' to abrt,
> causing it to continue without user interaction.

It's a nice feature, but I'm not a fan of defaults that cause network
activity.  I rallied against the same for --use-server-on-error.
Default "ask" is not much better, as it makes us interactive and thus
burdens scripting use.  So I'd prefer default-no.

We could brainstorm various ways for users to set their own default
preferences, but that's somewhat orthogonal.

Josh