RE: User-space tracing on ARM

> For joint kernel+userspace dynamic+static tracing+probing, systemtap has been the only available alternative.  For different
> subsets of functionality, with different performance/portability tradeoffs, the other tools may suit well.
> Perhaps we should add a few more rows/columns to the (increasingly misnamed) comparison page [1].

I think even just for user-space dynamic instrumentation, I did not see anything as versatile as systemtap through its scripting language (be it perf, lttng, dyninst, ...). But as you mention, there are always trade-offs and I can probably live without all versatility I am dreaming of !

Thanks

Regard
Fred
Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve Loubet. 036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 753.920