Re: Fwd: probing user space function on Ubuntu

Hi -

abruzzoforteegentile wrote:

> I am completely new to systemtap.

Welcome!

> I work with Ubuntu 10.10
> I would like to probe functions in my application so user-space probing.
> " - semantic error: process probes not available without kernel
> CONFIG_UTRACE while [...]

Right.

> Do you know how to get it and IF it is possible to have that in Ubuntu?
> Was anyone successful?

Yes, several people have built utrace-patched ubuntu kernels in the
past, but I believe we lack a recipe in our wiki page for that.
Here's a PPA though: https://launchpad.net/~speijnik/+archive/utrace-kernel
(We'd love to have ubuntu kernel maintainers consider carrying the patch.)