Re: Segmentation fault of probed program during probing.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 23:53:56 -0800, Josh Stone <jistone@redhat.com> wrote:

>What version of elfutils are you running with?  We recently found some
>issue with address calculations on prelinked binaries, which should
>hopefully be fixed in elfutils 0.151.

System uses elfutils 0.147. Systemtap was built with elfutils 0.151.

Is it necessary to change system's elfutils in order to prevent the crash
or is building systemtap with new version excludes possibility of the
problem you are talking about (and therefore there is other reason for
the crash)?