Re: ABRT unusable again

Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> writes:

>> I believe ABRT shouldn't file a bug report unless it is filled in
>> properly.
>
> Yeah, some of us have pointed out that before.
> I'm happy about every detailed backtrace I get, but I would be even more
> happy if users contributed a tiny bit more and added comments to their
> tickets and responded to NEEDINFO queries and gave feedback on Test
> Updates. [...]

How much more useful would it be if ABRT had a mode where executables
that recently reported crashes are subsequently/temporarily run with
syscall tracing in the background, so that if they crash again, then
recent process syscall history can also be optionally included in an
ABRT report?  This would not be hard to do with e.g. systemtap.