Re: Build Pass from file name hyphen->underscore

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 1:07 AM, David Smith <dsmith@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 12/02/2009 07:11 AM, naresh kamboju wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been investigating SystemTap test suite, its sub modules and
>> expected pass and expected failures.
>>
>> As per my investigation I have noticed there are test cases name with
>> – hyphen are not able to build. When I have changed it to underscore _
>> it is able to build.
>> As per stap, If you add ‘-‘ (hyphen) in the file name, then stap is
>> able to consider as invalid module name.
>>
>> BUILD_FAIL ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?BUILD_PASS
>> aux_syscalls-embedded.stp -> aux_syscalls_embedded.stp
>>

>> There were almost 36 test cases in this category.
>> Are considering these expected failures?
>
> This doesn't make much sense to me. ?Yes, '-' is an illegal character in
> a module name, but that doesn't matter here. ?Besides the fact that
> aux_syscalls-embedded.stp just gets compiled and not actually inserted,
> that isn't the module name. ?Systemtap generated a random string of the
> form 'stap_XXXXX...' for the module name (unless someone uses the '-m
> NAME' option).
I agree with this.

> So, unless someone is doing 'stap -m aux_syscalls-embedded
> aux_syscalls-embedded.stp', the above problem shouldn't exist.

In my case I have been investigating each module behavior and functionality.
Because of that have to use –m options for each build.
If it is like stap_XXX, I could not find from where it is generated.

So, shall I take up this issue and fix?

I hope this would be helpful for the most of the developers.
It would be 36 test cases.

Best regards
Naresh Kamboju