Re: Build Pass from file name hyphen->underscore

On 12/02/2009 07:11 AM, naresh kamboju wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been investigating SystemTap test suite, its sub modules and
> expected pass and expected failures.
>
> As per my investigation I have noticed there are test cases name with
> – hyphen are not able to build. When I have changed it to underscore _
> it is able to build.
> As per stap, If you add ‘-‘ (hyphen) in the file name, then stap is
> able to consider as invalid module name.
>
> BUILD_FAIL				BUILD_PASS
> aux_syscalls-embedded.stp -> aux_syscalls_embedded.stp
>

> There were almost 36 test cases in this category.
> Are considering these expected failures?

This doesn't make much sense to me.  Yes, '-' is an illegal character in
a module name, but that doesn't matter here.  Besides the fact that
aux_syscalls-embedded.stp just gets compiled and not actually inserted,
that isn't the module name.  Systemtap generated a random string of the
form 'stap_XXXXX...' for the module name (unless someone uses the '-m
NAME' option).

So, unless someone is doing 'stap -m aux_syscalls-embedded
aux_syscalls-embedded.stp', the above problem shouldn't exist.

Can you give us more details here about your system and the failure
messages you are getting?

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com