Re: backtrace and self-compiled module

Hi Christian,

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 13:27 +0200, Christian Kaiser wrote:
> Yes! That's it! I installed the latest release (0.9.7) and that is
> printing correct stack traces.

Hurray! It is good to get success reports from time to time. Thanks.

> A last question came up to me when I discovered the 'dtrace' called ruby
> script in the bin directory. What is it for? I would be great if I could
> use my existing D scripts...

It is a python script for facilitating compatibility with building user
space programs with embedded markers in them. So when a program already
has some dtrace markers in their sources they can just install
systemtap(-sdt-devel) as build dependency and make them build and work
as is with systemtap. It as a compatibility mode for dtrace -h/-G/-s/-o.
But no support for rewriting dtrace script to stap script.

Cheers,

Mark