Re: run-stap vs -c

Josh Stone wrote:
> Why would sh change the EUID?

Answered my own question -- it's an explicit feature:

  If  the  shell is started with the effective user (group) id
  not equal to the real user (group) id, and the -p option  is
  not supplied, no startup files are read, shell functions are
  not inherited from the environment, the SHELLOPTS  variable,
  if it appears in the environment, is ignored, and the effec-
  tive user id is set to the real user id.  If the  -p  option
  is supplied at invocation, the startup behavior is the same,
  but the effective user id is not reset.

But anyway, I still don't think it's right for us to run stapio with
EUID=0...

Josh