Re: run-stap vs -c

> I expect that the quoting would be easier with sudo -u ...

Ah, perhaps so.

> The control channel owner is set to the current UID/GID during the
> module init.  Since staprun normally has UID=user/EUID=root when it
> loads the module, it's no problem for stapio.

Ah, I see.  So staprun really does magically know about being setuid, not
just "privilege works".  In that case, to run under sudo it would still
take a little wrapper (to call setresuid and exec staprun) that is hard to
script.  But wait, the mother of all bad scripting solutions can handle it!

I pushed some new code.

Thanks,
Roland