Re: how to use task_finder

Dave Nomura wrote:
> Do you have any documentation or how-to on how to use the task_finder
> code?  I've tried emulate your code in tapsets.cxx but can't tell what
> is needed just to get the pid from the task_finder stuff, and what was
> needed to support:  probe process(PID_OR_NAME).{exec,syscall,death}

I've just written up a new wiki page that makes a small attempt at
documentation.

<http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/TaskFinder>

Hopefully, between the wiki page and looking at systemtap output of
something like:

# stap -p3 -e 'probe process("/bin/ls").syscall {}'

That will get you going.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask
here.  Also feel free to add more information to the wiki page.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com