Re: initial suggestions re. compiler server (bug #6565)

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Hi, Dave -

Here are some suggestions about the prototype code.

* The code might as well get checked into git and be developed there;
it does not need to be make-install'd or systemtap.spec'd until
later.
Done
* The scripts are not #! /bin/sh but rather technically #! /bin/bash.
Done
* The networking aspect of it need not go through xinetd.
I'm looking into this. The scripts should probably not be dependent upon any particular supporting network service. For the record, I do like xinetd because it does a lot to prevent attacks (denial of service, etc) and can serve multiple clients simultaneously.
Clients would find the
server by abstract type (not _http._tcp but something like
_systemtap._tcp) and name, and particularly with some cleverly
chosen TXT description that should identify the server's assigned
cross-compilation target.
Done
* The client is not using the right avahi search entry points AFAIK.
The avahi-discovery gui can pick up the full address/txt bits, and
those are what the client will need to choose its favorite server.
There must be some other command-line tool for that.
Yes, there was a -r option for the avahi-browse command. I'm using that now. All of the above has been committed and pushed.

Dave