Re: wiki page on using stap without dwarf

> It still sounds like it should be a win.  (One problem - shared by all
> the symbol-table sources - is relocatability, since we lose section
> information.  Likewise, we lose section-based blacklisting, hmm...)

For .ko modules, you always have ELF section info.  For vmlinux, the
sections that are most magical have boundary symbols defined with special
names chosen by the kernel's linker script.  For the important blacklist
sections we might have to use explicit symbol names in PC-range blacklists.
The boundary symbol names are coded by hand in kernel sources, but use a
formulaic pattern.  It might even cover the actual cases sufficiently to
try the canonical boundary symbol names in lieu of each section name.

Thanks,
Roland