Re: Bug: duplicate marker entry in Modules.marker

* Roland McGrath (roland@redhat.com) wrote:
> I modelled Module.markers generation on Module.symvers generation.
> How does it deal with the problem?

Is is me or they seem to detect, for each symbol, if it has changed and
they overwrite the original one ?

We could do the same with markers I guess. After having sorted them, we
could determine, for each, if there was an entry in the original file
and modify it if needed.

Separate concern : I would really like to have some kind of format
string coherency verification in there : when we extract the markers
from a build tree, we should be able to check that all the markers with
the same name have the same format string. Otherwise the incoherency
will only be detected at runtime.

Regards,

Mathieu

--