Re: embedded docs

Hi -

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 01:08:58PM -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> [...]
> >* embedded javadoc(?) comments, javadoc-generated man pages (possible
> >  to be compact enough?), no direct translator support [depends on doc
> >  generator tool]
> >[...]
> * embedded kernel-doc notation (use existing tools)

Yes, a special case of "javadoc(?)", and like doxygen, creates pretty
wordy documentation.  (I wonder whether has anyone here has used
kerneldoc "in anger" - that is, regularly read stuff generated by the
these docbook tools?)

> * use Asciidoc (like the git content tracker uses) (probably more
>  for standalone content than it is for embedded content)

Likewise.

Here's another way to rephrase the issues under contention:

* Do you agree that the status quo needs fixing?

* Do you believe that a relatively verbose man page suite (e.g., one
  document per probe point) is likely to be useful?

* Do you agree that there is value in having the translator itself
  process these (e.g., for listings mode; for documentation coverage
  measurements)?