This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
patches to actually use markers?
- From: David Smith <dsmith at redhat dot com>
- To: Mathieu Desnoyers <mathieu dot desnoyers at polymtl dot ca>
- Cc: ltt-dev at shafik dot org, Systemtap List <systemtap at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:26:27 -0500
- Subject: patches to actually use markers?
Now that the markers facility itself has made it in the kernel, do you
have plans on trying to send patches that actually use markers to lkml?
For systemtap's use, we'd like to get some actual markers in the
upstream kernel. Off the top of my head, we might start with adding
markers to system calls (sys_*) that contain the system call's argument(s).