Re: converting audit subsystem to markers for systemtap access

Hi -

(See http://sources.redhat.com/systemtap/documentation.htm.)

> I'd suggest discussing this on linux-audit mail list since this can impact
> our next CC eval and I'm not the one it could impact the most. Please CC Al
> Viro since he's doing the audit kernel work these days.

OK.  I omitted linux-audit@ because linux/MAINTAINERS lists it as a
"subscriber-only" mailing list.

> In general, the audit system is not something I'd like to see messed
> with. [...]

Understood.  As far as the audit code were concerned, it would add one
layer of function-call indirection, with no behavioral changes at all.
Adopting markers would merely permit other applications to listen in
to the same events too, without having to add more and more hooks.