Re: Need some security advice for systemtap

Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@wpkg.org> writes:

> Am I right? Is it security based on md5sum? [...]
> http://www.cits.rub.de/MD5Collisions/

Indeed.

md5 was just a "for sake of argument" possibility.  We can go with a
different or even multiple hashes.  Or, if hashes are deemed
untrustworthy in some particular installation,
/etc/systemtap/authorized_probes could contain copies of the probe
modules in their entirety rather than their hashes.