SystemTap questions: user/kernel communication & pass compiilation options to module build

I have a few general questions about SystemTap

1. is there any SystemTap mechanism that would allow a user program (invoked by the -c SystemTap option) to communicate with the generated SystemTap kernel module? I am trying to port a kernel module to use SystemTap and it creates a character device that the user program can use to communicate to the kernel module via ioctls.

2. is there any way to pass options to the compilation of the SystemTap generated module code? I was thinking that this would allow me to pass a library of kernel driver support routines that might otherwise live in SystemTaps runtimes/ directory. Another use might be to pass -D define options.