Re: Supported architectures

Vara Prasad wrote:
Eugeniy Meshcheryakov wrote:

Hello,

Currently Debian package for systemtap builds on all release
architectures, but I think it is not useful on some of them. So, I am
going to drop support of those architectures.

I cannot find list of supported architectures in systemtap's source or
website, so I'll try to guess.

O.K, good feedback we will try to add a section on the web site to indicate supported architectures, thanks.

src/runtime contains the following files:
stack-x86_64.c
stack-ia64.c
stack-ppc64.c
stack-s390.c

We also support regular 32bit x86.

Are that all of supported architectures?
Do you have interest for any other architectures support?

Is it possible to use systemtap
on 64-bit ppc system with 32-bit userspace (including stap, staprun,
lket-b2a ...)?
I believe one should able to run 32bit user space tools although kernel has support only for 64bit PPC. Guanglei can you confirm if b2a tool works fine if built in 32 bit mode? Ananth/Amit have we tested 32bit user space tools support for systemtap?

lket-b2a will be compiled as 32-bit for 64-bit PPC. I tried to compile it in 64-bit mode, and it could work without mysql support. I will install a 64-bit mysql-devel package later to check that if it could work in 64-bit mode.
s390 requires all tools to be 64-bit mode, right?

- Guanglei