RE: stap semantic error on PPC64 running Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS 4 Update 4

On Thursday, September 21, 2006 4:55 PM, S. P. Prasanna wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I get the following error "semantic error:
>  duplicate probe point pattern" while running the tapset present
> in /usr/share/systemtap/tapset/process.stp on PPC64.
> Is the same error seen on other architectures too?
> Am I missing something?
> Details about the rpm's installed and error messges is as below.

Tapsets are not scripts, and should not be run directly.  If you want to
play with probes in the process tapset, just write a simple script that
calls one of the aliases.  There's an example in the CVS tree:
	src/examples/small_demos/proc_snoop.stp

Josh