Re: running testcases with unoptimized translation

On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 11:54 +0800, Li Guanglei wrote:
> Hi,
>    Currently the translator does a smart work of eliding those unused
> assignments. This is very helpful to generate optimized codes but it
> will also cover up some errors during the "make check".
>
>    One example is testsuite/buildok/sched_test.stp. Current "make
> check" will say it passed the test, but actually stap can't resolve
> the target symbol of inline function so I don't think sched_test.stp
> should pass the test. If you run sched_test.stp with "stap -u -p4" you
> will get a lot of errors. It hasn't error at present only because stap
> optimized away those error codes since they are not referenced at all.
>
> - Guanglei

Hmm, testsuite/buildok/sched_test.stp has never worked for me, optimized
or unoptimized.

When I run the testsuite unoptimized (by hard-coding the unoptimize flag
on), I get the following extra failures:

(1) FAIL: ./testsuite/semok/optimize.stp

This one makes sense, because it is written to fail if unoptimized.

(2) FAIL: ./testsuite/buildok/syscall.stp

This one points out a bug in syscalls.stp in the syscall.kexec_load
probe.  It looks like this:

	segments_uaddr = $segments_uaddr

Should be this:

	segments_uaddr = $segments

I'll fix that one.

(3) FAIL: ./testsuite/buildok/twentyfour.stp

This one also makes sense, because it is written to fail if unoptimized.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com