Re: Status of kprobes s390 work

David Wilder <dwilder@us.ibm.com> wrote on 12.07.2006 01:21:30:

> >>patch looks good as far as I am concerned. If the last patch Michael
sent
> >>is the final patch for now, I will add it to the s390 git tree. Since
the

> >Here's the final patch for now (famous last words ;-)
> >
> >This patch removes the cs for instruction swapping, we have the whole
system
> >stopped at that point (feeble attempt to make it go faster). Fixes the
stuff
> >that Heiko mentioned in his last review, and some pointer dereferencing
fixes
> >to the instruction type function.
> >

> Mike-
> You left out a couple of extern(s) in include/asm-s390/kdebug.h
> +extern int register_page_fault_notifier(struct notifier_block *);
> +extern int unregister_page_fault_notifier(struct notifier_block *);
>
> I added them in the attached patch.

Ok, I've added the kprobes patch to the features branch of the s390 git
tree. This
branch is the staging area for the merge window of 2.6.19. Everything in
there is
supposed to go upstream after 2.6.18 hit the streets. You find the branch
at the
following location:

http://git390.osdl.marist.edu/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=linux-2.6.git;a=shortlog;h=features

blue skies,
   Martin

Martin Schwidefsky
Linux for zSeries Development & Services
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH