Re: patch for module function probe

Mao, Bibo :
Hi,
	Currently systemtap has some problem when searching module
function, which is reported in
http://sourceware.org/ml/systemtap/2006-q1/msg00674.html. Kernel is
treated as one module whose name is TOK_KERNEL "kernel". So this script
will pass to compile, it indeed will probe kernel function:
	probe module("kernel").function("sys_read"){
	}
But there will be problem when there is actually one module named
kernel.ko though its name is weird.

Bibo,mao

Actually, I think the expansion of module("*").function("foo") into kernel.function("foo") is a designed feature. It is especially useful for those compiled-in kernel modules. For example, in LKET, I can use:

probe addevent.scsi.iodispatching
= module("*").function("scsi_dispatch_cmd@drivers/scsi/scsi.c")

to let LKET work despite scsi_mod being compiled as a module or into the kernel.