Re: Summary of nightly tests 20060220

hunt wrote:

> > buildok-seven.stp:
> > 	Unable to find identifier $type in function find_pid
> > 	Unable to find identifier $task in function detach_pid
>
> There don't appear to be significant changes in the sources to
> account for this. That makes it a likely gcc bug. [...]

Yes, possibly.  We will likely have a RH compiler person working on an
ongoing basis to fix such problems.

I can't find a message I remember writing to the mailing list about
the change I committed to buildok/seven.stp on 2006-02-07.  So to
recap: It adds the "-u" stap flag to force all $target variables to be
expanded.  This, while valuable to some extent in exposing debuginfo
problems, was meant to be a stopgap measure.  To be considered
complete, the system calls tapset should eventually come with a test
case that exercises all the auxiliary / embedded-C functions, at least
at the buildok level.  (This is what src/HACKING suggests.)  At that
point, I would remove "-u", and let unresolved $target variables pass
quietly.