Re: rethinking syscall tapset

berrange wrote:

> [...]  It would seem more readable to structure the probe separately
> rather than using a conditional on returnp. [...]

That's a good point.  So far, all the samples I've seen that use
"returnp" look like this:

probe syscall.*, syscall.*.return {
  if (returnp) { do something }
  else { do something else }
}

In other words, returnp does not appear to enable much commonality.
Unless someone comes up with examples that demonstrate a better
potential use of "returnp", we should reconsider it.