Re: [Bug translator/2115] support some function calls on maps

fche at redhat dot com wrote:

------- Additional Comments From fche at redhat dot com 2006-01-06 18:17 -------
"clear" == "delete MAP"
"sort" == "sorted foreach"

Are you referring to the foreach extension you proposed in this msg http://sourceware.org/ml/systemtap/2005-q4/msg00488.html. If that is the case i personally don't like extending foreach in every possible way and if we do this as you indicated we will make it look like common LISP .

"normalize" == what's that?

Normalize the data in the stat over a constant. For example i am observing performance of write systemcall and i know if the system is working normally what the value should be i would like to normalize the data collected over that value so that i know what the deviation from the normal is. Does this make sense?

"printa" == an unfinished extension of the print statement

I am not sure i understand what you mean by this. I personally like the idea of a print statement for aggregations separate from print statement for scalar variables as the contents of both are quiet different. I would like to see printfa() function which gives me an ability to specify the format for printing aggregates. I think Martin proposed printa() few weeks back, i was hoping we are going to get that implemented.