RE: About function parameter access

Sorry I was not sufficiently clear on the information required to respond
usefully to your report.  Since you have built your own kernels and only
have problems with those, I need to have the complete kernel binaries and
the complete recipe for reproducing them from the source exactly as you
have done.  Now I know what compiler to use, but that is only the first
piece of information I need.

Before putting effort into that, you should try the newest FC4 update
compiler, which is gcc-4.0.1-4.fc4; it may already have fixed some
problems.  But please note that so far I don't know whether there is any
compiler problem here at all.  I need to examine the complete kernel
binaries with their debuginfo to determine if the problem is with the
compiler producing the info or with systemtap reading it.

For the RHEL4-U2 ia64 compiler, I don't think there is a newer update of
that gcc to try.  So I just need to see the full kernel binary first thing.

Thanks,
Roland