Re: Systemtap scripts unable to compile on RHEL4 U2

systemtap-owner@sources.redhat.com wrote on 2005-09-27 05:30:48:

> Hi,
>    I did a full install of the latest and greatest RHEL4
> U2(2.6.9-20.ELsmp)
> on x86_64 box. Trying to compile a simple tap script and seeing errors.
>
> Parsed 'do_fork' -> func 'do_fork'
> Semantic error: no match for probe point
>    while: resolving probe point kernel.function("do_fork");
> Pass 2: analysis failed. Try again ......
>

> Am I missing anything here? Does this have any dependencies on
> kernel-debuginfo RPM?
> Also I did not find kernel-debuginfo RPM on RHEL4 U2 Beta CD's.

You need kernel-debuginfo RPM.

You can download the kernel src RPM package from rhn.redhat.com, and then:
  1. install the rpm package
  2. build the rpm src package:  #cd /usr/src/redhat; rpmbuild -ba
SPECS/kernel-2.6.spec --target=x86_64
    to save your time, you can edit /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/kernel-2.6.spec
to comment one or more of the following defines:
                #define buildup 0
                #define buildsmp 1
                #define buildsource 0
                #define buildhugemem 0
                #define builddoc 0
                #define kabi 1
   finally, rpmbuild will generate kernel-debuginfo, kernel, kernel-devel
RPMs in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64