Re: tests with guru mode and systemtap rpm

wcohen wrote:

> It is good to see additional tests being put into the SystemTap
> testsuite, e.g. systemtap.samples/tcp_connection. The RPMs that come
> out of the build system are built guru mode disabled.

What do you mean "disabled"?  Of course it's not on by default,
for that would defeat the purpose.

> Thus, these tests hat require guru mode are going to fail with the
> SystemTap supplied by RPM.

Dejagnu can add "-g" to the spawn command line, and as well, executable
systemtap scripts can put the necessary directive beside the hash-bang.
#! stap -g

> [...]  I hope that a number of these tests/examples can eliminate
> the use of guru mode as tapsets and translator support improves.

Indeed.