Re: dwarf info in modules.

> upgrading elfutils to 0.115 solved the "no dwarf info found"

That's odd.  Did you install your .ko into /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel?
That is where systemtap (libdwfl) looks for the .ko files.  It won't find a
module you built yourself unless it's in that directory.  (In future we can
add some options to look in other places for nonstandard modules' .ko files.)

> Note that I didn't try to open the microcode device or do anything else
> other than stap microcode.stp which contained two lines pointing directly
> to microcode_open and NOT *@microcode.c

Please post (or file in bugzilla) the failure mode using a standard module
like microcode, and a probe on a non-__init function.

Thanks,
Roland