Re: Bug report

> > I guess this sort of torture test will be fun to play with
> > later, once we get the basics working well.
>
> okay, i just hope you don't end up redesigning the full program

Thanks, I hope so too.  Actually, I strongly expect so, considering
how straightforward it is to reorganize the translation output style.

> because, inserting 50,000 probes should not generate nearly 6
> million lines of C code, and yes people will want to do it to take a
> snap shot of what is happening in the kernel. [...]

We will attend to supporting probing sessions of this "I go crazy"
magnitude in due course.

> [...]
> with the bad line being:
>   if (atomic_read (&session_state) != STAP_SESSION_RUNNING)
>     return 0;
> [...]

That code looks fine.  The C compiler must have a ruminant with
internal limitations.