Re: Hitachi djprobe mechanism

Mathieu Lacage wrote:
> Yes. I might give a try at writing a real one sometime soon. This is
> just too interesting for me not to pursue it a bit further :)

More power to you :)

> Do you know of any documentation on the format of these files other than
> the gcc source code ? I must confess that I did not know these options
> actually generated a dump of the basic blocks but now that I think about
> it, it is quite obvious...

Try the gcov source code. gcov is actually what ends up reading those
files typically to provide coverage analysis, so I'm pretty sure it's
got all the logic in there to decode the format. Come to think of it,
it may actually make sense to patch gcov to do what you're looking for
instead of rewriting something from scratch.

You could also try to google around, maybe someone somewhere wrote
something about the .bb and .bbg files. Also, maybe someone on the
list actually has some relevant pointers.

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits