Re: register_kprobe undefined symbol on 2.6.11 of X86_64

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 15:27, Neo Jia wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Thanks. When I am trying to use the kallsyms_lookup_name, why I was
> prompted such function is undefined? In fact, I find it from the
> System.map.
>
> Thanks,
> Neo

First of all, I suggest we take systemtap@sources.redhat.com off the cc
list for this thread, since we're getting down to basic "Kprobes How-To"
topics.  Ananth, Prasanna, and I should be able to answer these kinds
of  questions.  (If anybody else wants to be included on this thread,
speak up.)

In order for you to be able to use kallsyms_lookup_name(),
CONFIG_KALLSYMS must be defined.  See "General Setup" -> "Configure
standard kernel features (for small systems)" in "make menuconfig".
This feature is enabled by default in recent versions of Linux.
You also need to include <linux/kallsyms.h>.

Jim